At a stunning 6’0 feet tall it’s no surprise that Los Angeles based beauty Meica Bradshaw is a model. Every photo on her Instagram page screams “model” – even the candid photos. Must be nice to be so naturally beautiful. We reached out to Meica to get some hair tips in he hopes that we too could bring out the model within us!
1. Why did you go natural? How long have you been natural?
Honestly, I went natural because I thought it would be cheaper than getting regular relaxers. Also, I would always get my hair curled in a super curly style when I had a relaxer which made no sense. Why pay to get my hair chemically straightened just to curl it back up again!
2. Can you summarize your current hair regimen?
I wash and deep condition my hair once every 1-2 weeks. If I decide to wash my hair on between those 2 weeks, I co-wash my hair.
3. What are your staple hair products? Which could you not live without and why?!
Shea Moisture’s Coconut Hibiscus Curl Enhancing Smoothie, Curling Gel Soufflé, and Frizz Free Furl Mousse. I can’t live without any of these products! They work very well together and give me perfect curls.
SHOP THE PRODUCTS
4. We love your TWA! Do you plan to rock it for awhile or grow it out?
My TWA looks tiny, but my hair is actually almost shoulder length. Don’t let the shrinkage fool you! I plan to continue to grow my hair out.
5. What are your hair goals for 2016?
My hair goals for 2016 are simple. Just healthy, hydrated, and soft curls.
6. For many naturals it’s a journey to fully understand their hair. It’s a process of trial and error. What was your “Curls Understood” moment (the moment you felt like, “I’ve got this!” or any essential advice you wish you had known at the beginning of your hair journey)?
Like many others I was getting relaxers since I could remember, so I didn’t know what my natural hair texture or curl pattern looked like. It took me a while to understand my hair and learn what products make my curls look and feel their best.
The advice I would give to other naturals is that just because a certain product works well on one person doesn’t mean it will work the same for you. Everyone’s hair texture isn’t the same, so it will be a little bit of a trial and error process at the beginning, but once you find that perfect product combo, that gets your curls popping’, it’ll be so worth it!