Jessica Pettway, aka “jfashiongirl87” is a Los Angeles based wife, mom and beauty vlogger. With a background in visual merchandising it’s easy to see why her Instagram page has a 40k+ following and growing strong. She has the best taste in fashion and her wigs make protective styling look like so much fun! See her hair gallery below…
1. Why did you go natural? How long have you been natural?
I went natural because I was bored with my permed/straight hair. Nothing political or special, just plain bored. Lol! I’ve been natural for almost 4 years now.
2. Can you summarize your current hair regimen?
Because I am a recovering lazy natural, I try to wash and deep condition every 2 weeks. Now when it comes to styling my hair, I usually just do flat twist, or two strand twist and throw a wig on it.
3. We love the burgundy hair color on you. Who did your color and how did you pick the right shade?
Thank you, but it’s a wig! I don’t plan on coloring my hair anytime soon, which is why I love the freedom that a wig offers!
4. What are your staple hair products?
I love using LRC’s Cleanse Shampoo, Shea Moisture Deep Treatment Moisture Masque and CURLS Blueberry Bliss Curl Control Paste.
SHOP THE PRODUCTS
5. What are your favorite hairstyles?
For special occasions, I love a flat twist out. If I’m in a rush a wig or a headwrap.
6. For many naturals it’s a journey to fully understand their hair. It’s a process of trail and error. What was your “Curls Understood™” moment (the moment you felt like, “I’ve got this!” or any essential advice you wish you had known at the beginning of your hair journey)?
It was when I got my hair done by celebrity natural hair stylist Felicia Leatherwood. The way she handled my hair with so much ease, made me realize that I too could care for my hair. My best advice for any natural is approach your hair with positivity. If you think negatively about, you will care for it poorly.
If you’d like to be featured as a Beauty of the Week, email us at [email protected].