I never used cowash until today. My sister, Tiara, told me about how cowashing with an actual cowash, instead of regular conditioner, is better for your hair. When cowashing with a cowash, it cleanses all of the build up from your scalp and gives you that deep clean that shampoo gives you without stripping and drying out your hair. Since I love trying out new products for my hair, I decided to test it out and chose the As I Am Coconut Cowash.
I bought mine from Sally’s Beauty Supply store for $7.19. I was surprised and happy at the price because I expected a cowash to be a little more on the expensive side, especially because of the size (16 oz/454 g).
The smell of the product is amazing! It smells like citrus and coconuts. It’s very lightweight and it has a soft touch to it. You can tell that it’s “water-based” because of the way it slides off of your hands, which is good for moisture retention.
When I used it, I massaged it into my scalp and started working it throughout my hair by detangling it with my fingers. After detangling, I let it sit for a few minutes and allowed the water to run through my hair to get rid of all the access dirt.
Once the product was rinsed out of my hair, my curls felt instantly moisturized. My scalp felt extremely clean after performing the process once. It also made my curls feel softer and look more defined.
HOW TO USE IT
• Wet hair thoroughly
• Rub a liberal amount within palms and distribute throughout hair
• Work product through hair and massage scalp with fingertips as you would a conventional shampoo
• Carefully detangle hair with a wide-tooth comb
• Rinse well
• Repeat only if necessary to remove excessive product build up or for further scalp cleansing.
• Spreads easily throughout hair
• Gently cleanses hair and scalp
• Maintains moisture, adds more moisture and helps hair retain moisture until your next cleanse.
• Makes detangling a breeze
• Rinses easily from hair.
• Helps promote a healthy environment for hair growth
• Gentle enough for daily use. Safe for color-treated hair
10 out of 10! My hair feels amazing after each use. My scalp and hair feel clean without that stripped feeling. LOVE IT!
Make sure you check out As I Am for more of their products, styling tips and their store locator. If you would like to add your thoughts about the As I Am’s Coconut CoWash Cleansing Conditioner, feel free to comment below.
WHAT IT SAYS ON THE BOTTLE
“You already know it and your hair can feel it! CoWashing is the way to cleanse your hair most of the time. This light no-suds conditioning cream gently removes residue including all of the things you’ve used to style and maintain your coils and curls. Now it’s time for a sparkling new beginning.
This cowash is different from any other because it contains a special blend of natural ingredients that work to promote healthy hair growth from the follicular level.”
Photo Credit: Detroit Style Review